DO you want to be healthy? Well, of course, your answer would be yes. But if I ask you what it is that you do in order to achieve good health? Most of you will notably say, exercise. No doubt, exercise helps a great deal in order to achieve good health. But, is that it? Does only doing exercise will give you your dream physique? As a matter of fact, the answer is no.
Surprisingly, people often neglect or underestimate the significance of a good diet to achieve good health. It is important to realize that diet plays a substantial role to keep your health in order. Next question is, What is the keto diet for beginners?
The Keto Diet For Beginners is one where you replace tantamount carbohydrate intake by fat. Replacing carbs by fat specifically upshots your metabolism rate. As a result of which you immediately lose weight and become healthy. Additionally, there are innumerable health benefits of a Keto diet. Furthermore, it protects you from many diseases such as heart disease, cancer, Parkinson disease etc.
Broadly, there are four kinds of keto diet categorization:
1. Standard keto diet(SKD): It refers to just replacing majority carb by fat. An SKD’s composition is 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbohydrate. Therefore it is high fat, moderate protein and low carbohydrate diet.
2. Cyclical ketogenic diet(CKD): It means replenishing your body with carbohydrates in regular intervals. For instance, sticking to fat rich diet for 5 days and carbs for 2 days.
3. Targeted Ketogenic diet: As the name suggests, this refers to targeted intake of carbs as per requirements. This is explicitly meant for bodybuilders and athletes.
4. High-protein ketogenic diet: This is markedly similar to standard one. The difference being in protein’s percentage in composition. It is a high fat, high protein and low carbohydrate diet with composition as 60% fats, 35% protein and 5% carbohydrate.
Out of these four diets, especially SKD is extensively used.
As already mentioned there are many benefits of ketogenic diet. Some of them include:
1. Ketogenic diet for weight loss: According to a study, keto diet can chiefly help you lose 3 times more weight than a conventional diet. In addition to that, you don’t have to keep track of your calorie consumption.
2. Is the ketogenic diet safe for diabetics: Yes! Keto diet improves your insulin sensitivity. Not to mention, it removes excess fat which is directly linked to diabetes.
3. Prevents diseases: To emphasize, there is a range of ailments which can be treated by keto diet. Be it brain or heart diseases, Parkinson or Alzheimer’s disease, or some skin issues, Keto prevents all.
Always remember that you are made up of what you eat. So eat right. Stay healthy.